Wednesday, July 24, 2013

July 24, 2013

What up!
     I am still in the same place! Everybody must be getting sick of that sentence. Now I'm just trying to figure out if I'm still in Cambridge because our mission president just came in and he didn't want to change a whole lot, or if it's because I'm not quite finished working with someone in this area. I'm going to go with the second option. If I do get transferred next time, I will have spent six months in the same area; a quarter of my entire mission in this little town, with it's little (but rapidly growing) branch.
     It's been pretty stellar around here. The weather has been just about perfect, (instead of freezing cold and rainy) and our investigators are going very well.
I was pretty surprised with how excited all of the branch seemed to be that we were both staying. I think they may be getting a wee bit too attached to us, though I am keenly aware of how attached I've become to this branch. It's been so awesome to see it grow each and every week. I was hoping to be able to see it turn from a branch into a ward, but alas, I don't think I will be here for that. However, I'm sure I'll keep tabs, and I'm hoping that the work we are doing here will stick for future missionaries.
     It's always sad to see when a person's testimony was with the missionaries that taught them. That's another reason why member missionary work is so important. There's only so much we can do, and then it all turns to the members. Amazing how much member effort is required for there to be effective and lasting missionary work. I'm thinking it'd be pretty sweet to get back and be a ward mission leader somewhere. Be able to do stuff that makes the missionaries lives that much easier, and help keep new converts active.
 Thanks for the letters, and I'll talk with ya'll next week.
  E. O'Neal

No comments:

Post a Comment