Monday, May 5, 2014

May 5, 2014

I'm not actually sure that I have a whole lot to talk about this week.,,,

Last week we only spent a moment or two working in our area. We were in Hamilton from Sunday night to Wednesday evening. Then on Thursday one of the other missionaries in our flat got sick, so I went with his companion to do some work in their area. Then on Friday my companion got sick, and we ended up sitting at the flat almost the entire day, except for when we went and helped one of the members paint the front of his house. After which my companion was pretty much done, so we went back to the flat and he conked out. He was pretty happy that I had some NyQuil still, so that was good. Turns out this country doesn't have much stuff like that. They do, but it's not nearly as affective, so I've been treating the stuff like gold, hence, the reason I still have about half a box left. So, long story short, we got to do work in our area together Saturday and Sunday. Needless to say, we're hoping to have a choice week coming up here, if only the weather will decide to cooperate. Though, that's not too important since we have a car. I'm pretty happy I ended up with a vehicle right as we're coming into winter.

It feels weird to know that it's getting sunny and awesome over there and it's getting cold and rainy over here. Mt. Taranaki actually has a bunch of snow on it, so that looks pretty awesome. I keep having memories come back of last winter. Crazy to think that I've already been out here for over a year; the past year pretty much flew by, and apparently the second goes even faster. So I guess we'll see what happens.

I'm pretty stoked to be able to skype for Mother's Day next week! Should be awesome.

Love Ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment