Monday, June 10, 2013

June 10, 2013

Transfers were this past week.... I passed! Still here in good ol C-bridge. I'm not going to lie, I was sitting on pins and needles the entire beginning of the week. This should mean that I'll now be a part of the New Zealand Hamilton mission. The mission doesn't split until next transfer meeting, but I seem to recall President Lekias saying that where we ended up after this transfer was where we were going to stay. That is fine by me. I'm hoping that this means I'll be spending more of my time in rural parts of the country rather than the city. Hamilton's a pretty big city though too, so we'll see what happens. I think after this transfer I'll be about ready to move on to the next place. As much as I'll miss all of the members here once I leave, I imagine it'll be nice to get somewhere new, see some new things and talk to new people, rather than just feeling like it's the same old some days. 

We got four new missionaries just in our zone this past week; one new elder, and three new sister missionaries that are serving around Temple View, and in the visitors center at the Temple. I don't know how they fill the time of three sister missionary companionships in that area; it's this little area surrounding the Temple that's pretty much 100% active LDS. Almosty like a little piece of Utah.

Other than transfers, there wasn't a whole lot that happened. One of the women in the branch that helps us out a lot (she has FHE's with investigators and non-members, and has been doing a lot of missionary work at her job) had a heart attack this past week, so that was kind of scary. She's doing good, but she's about ready to get out, since one of her sisters is about to pass away from cancer. If this family is what getting old looks like, I'm not sure that I ever want to be there.


Other than that though, everything is about the same. It's pretty chilly here most days, and it's been raining for the past week. Thank goodness we don't ever use the bikes. Hopefully I'll have some more for ya next week. But until then, that's all for now folks.
  E. O'Neal


No comments:

Post a Comment