Sunday, September 14, 2014

September 15, 2014

You're having rain too? Good, that means you understand my misery. It's done nothing but rain every day since I got here, pretty sure. But it's all good. The rain just means that spring is right around the corner.

We spent most of the past week doing service for people. Well, what little we could get done before getting rained out each day. One of the days, we were able to clear a decent section of this guy's fence line. He'd chopped out a giant hedge, and there was loads of stuff left all over the ground, not to mention a bunch of new stuff growing in now that there was fresh dirt. Took us about four hours to get it all done, and afterward the guy was really happy about it. I have no idea who he is, but we've now got a friend just around the corner. Certainly doesn't hurt to have friends in a tiny little town such as this.

I've been able to work out heaps since coming here as well, which is exactly what I wanted. I don't think I've used morning exercise time since my first three weeks out. Then I started just getting up and getting ready, because I am far too un-motivated to be working out hundy as right after I wake up. BUT. This place is changing me. I was hoping to have an area for the last few months in which I would have the motivation to work out, and now I've got it. We've been exercising most every morning with some of the community, and as much as I'd rather just shower and chill out instead, it's been good. Not to mention it's a really handy way to get to know people. And since we've been doing that I've gotten quite a bit more motivated in general, and have been working out every other available time of the day that I can. Needless to say, I'm pretty stoked that I'll be getting back as fit, if not more fit, than when I left. As opposed to the much dreaded come back fat kind of guy. I think I put on about 20 lbs in the MTC, and have since lost it all and gotten back to where I was. Word of advice for those going out in the near future, the MTC cafeteria is a trap. Don't do it! Just go easy on it!

This coming week we're pretty much looking at the same as last; service, service, and more service. Which I am totally alright with. Should be sweet!
 Arohanui!

No comments:

Post a Comment