Sunday, September 22, 2013

September 23, 2013

And the rain rain rain came down down down... I can't remember the rest, but you get the picture (on another note, the song Winnie the Pooh sings when he's getting the honey while pretending to be a little black rain cloud keeps getting stuck in my head)

I broke the key off inside the lock this morning in our front door. Not cool. I had unlocked the door and was walking inside when my jacket pocket snagged the key and snapped it off. What a way to start off a P-Day. I'm just hoping that the landlord will be able to get it fixed (he was working on it when we left) or we're going to have to pay for a locksmith.


It also looks like it's going to rain again, so we may not be playing touch rugby today like we usually do. I actually quite enjoy playing rugby, I've been thinking that I might pick it up when I get back home if I get good at it here.  


We've got transfers coming up this Thursday. It seems like just as soon as we get settled in and start getting things going, transfers come along. We haven't heard yet if either of us are getting transfered, and I don't really think that we will, but we'll see what happens. We're losing one of our zone leaders tomorrow, Elder Rawlinson, he's going back to Oooooklahoma (another song, of course), which isn't cool at all, since he's been my favorite zone leader. Apparently he's a really good football player, offensive line, so keep an eye out. We figure that the rest of our zone/district will pretty much get moved around too, since none of the companionships get along at all. We've just been waiting for one of the companionships to get in a fight. Hasn't happened yet, and hopefully it won't.


We found some pretty awesome new investigators this past week, amid all of the fake referalls and angry people, we managed to find a couple of super keen part member families. We haven't been able to have any lessons with them yet, but we've got appointments on Tuesday, so hopefully by next week I'll have some good news (unless I'm not here anymore, of course).


 Well, that'll do it for now.
  Love Ya!
   Elder O'Neal


No comments:

Post a Comment