Monday, January 13, 2014

January 13, 2014

Kia Ora Whanau, what a lovely week it has been. 

It's been a bit of a roller coaster ride as of late, but I imagine that's what makes this mission life so much fun. Without the low times, and the struggles, I bet it'd get a bit boring. I've been wondering lately why it is that nothing seems to be working out just how we want it to, and I realized that without the bitter we wouldn't know the sweet. There's a scripture on this, but I'm totally useless with references, so I can't give it to you. Sorry. So, since we've been dealing with disappointment and delay for the past little while, I'm hoping that means that we'll be having ample amounts of success in the not too distant future. 

Mostly we've just been fighting with being able to make appointments. I'm not sure if it's still the Holidays taking over people's lives, but we haven't been able to have many set appointments with our investigators. We're looking at a good start to the week though with a set appointment tonight, and another one tomorrow. Who knows, maybe by next week we'll have someone set for baptism. The appointment on Tuesday is with a new guy that we taught the restoration to last week, which always stresses me out a little bit, because you never know if you're going to go back to them knowing that what we taught was true, or if they're going to have a bunch of anti material that random people gave to them throughout the week. 


The week was a bit up and down as far as weather goes, but it's been nothing like what everybody is having to deal with back home, so I can't really complain. It usually rains in the morning, then gets really sunny and humid in the afternoons, which isn't too bad, though it does kind of stink trying to talk to people when you have sweat dripping all down your face. 


We also had our fridge break this past week, sort of anyway. Turns out there was a monstrous buildup of ice in the back of it behind the rear panel, so none of the cold air was able to get down into the fridge part. We ended up having to turn the fridge off for a couple of days, and munch all of the food that was in there quickly. Not cool. Especially since we somehow ended up with no member dinners this week, and we don't get paid for a couple more days. So we've been having to live off of canned tuna and bread. Can't wait until we can go shopping later this week. No worries though, the Lord always provides.


It was awesome getting packages and letters from so many people over the past couple of weeks. You have no idea how awesome it is to get them. Definitely makes my day. Emails too, it's always a good day when I show up and have a heap of emails to read and tons of stuff to hear about.


 Love ya'll
  E. O'Neal


P.S. here's a picture of me riding my new KTM350SX that the Spencers sent me. I'm the man :)



No comments:

Post a Comment