Sunday, January 26, 2014

January 27, 2014

Got the call this morning....

It's always a little disconcerting when you receive a call from President. Especially when transfers are coming up this week and usually the only people that get called earlier than Tuesday are the ones that are being asked to be trainers. Thankfully, I dodged that bullet. Instead, I have now been called to the position of Zone Leader. I'll be down in the Taranaki zone, serving specifically in a place called New Plymouth. Apparently it's not even a stake yet, it's still only a District. We'll be covering the largest branch in the district. President said the missionary work has exploded recently and they had 120 people at church this past week. I'm hoping that it'll be awesome. I know I'm sure excited for the change, and now I'll get to see a bit more of the country. This is crazy. I don't know much of anything about the area except that if I stay down there for the winter it gets really cold. If I'm still down there when winter comes I'll have to have my snowboarding jacket sent to me or something. Who knows. 


I think the past couple of weeks were some of the most difficult that I've ever had, and now everything just turned around. I love a good fresh start. New area, new companion. Not only that but I was recently informed that Villipoto ( a motocross champion) is ahead in the points standings and the Broncos are going to the Super Bowl. Can't get much better than that. 


I reckon that's pretty much all of the news that's worth sharing, and I'm way too distracted by thoughts of transfers to think of anything else to say. I know there was something that I thought this past week, one of those times when I thought, "I really need to write home about this," but alas, I don't have the memory of an elephant, and I can't remember even the slightest bit of what it was. I'll make sure to get pictures of my companion and my new area once I'm there for next week.
 Love ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment