Monday, January 20, 2014

January 20, 2013

It was a pretty boring week. Though, I still found myself having ample amounts of fun. It's been good being able to be a District Leader. Even if I end up not being in leadership after transfers, I've learned heaps from it over the past few weeks. It's interesting being in these shoes. 

I reckon the most interesting thing that I did this past week was get acupuncture. It was pretty cool. The first counselor in the bishopric is a really good acupuncturist. Apparently he's studied for ages in Asia for it, and he's been doing it for over twenty years now, so I took advantage of the opportunity. It worked surprisingly well. For some reason my back always wants to be really full of knots and hurt at totally random times, but since we did the acupuncture, it's all sweet. We went directly after emails last Monday and it took a little over thirty minutes I think. He stuck the needles in first and I had to lay under a heat lamp for twenty minutes with em in, then he popped em out and put those cup things on for about another ten. The only bad thing is that the cups ended up leaving huge perfectly round bruises all over my back. It almost looks like somebody painted giant dots all over my back. I'm sure you'll all love the pictures. Shannon, don't pass out. 


Other than that, we had an interesting conversation with one of our new investigators, who I'm not sure if he's an investigator anymore, we'll see this week. We'd taught the lesson on the Restoration to him and were going back a few days later to see what he thought and try to have another lesson. Turns out that in between our first lesson and when we showed up on Thursday, somebody had convinced him that all Christianity is incorrect; proven so by carbon dating of the earth, dinosaurs, and the so called "God Particle" found by CERN last year (which I'm pretty sure doesn't actually exist because of a miscalculation on CERN's part). If I'm thinking of the right one, that is. We talked to him for about twenty minutes, and I'm pretty sure we were able to resolve his concerns. So we're going to go back this week and see if he still thinks it's phony. We get heaps of people that get anti material and send us on our way, but this is the first time that I've seen someone lose faith in their Christian belief. Not cool. It actually made me really sad to see too.


That should just about do it. I'll just let the pictures do the rest of the talking.
 E. O'Neal




No comments:

Post a Comment