Tuesday, April 22, 2014

April 21, 2014

Oi, what an interesting week. Or rather, what an interesting end to a rather regular kind of week. It went all about the same as usual, until last night.

We had to go out to grab the Elders from Waitara last night and bring them to a place called Inglewood to have a dinner with Elder and Sister Taylor, who are the senior missionaries for this zone. We were waiting in the car out front of their flat when my companion looked into the rear view mirror just in time to see Elder Dayley wreck really hard on his bike coming around the corner. Apparently some white SUV tried to hit him, so he corrected, but with the loose gravel on the inside of the corner the tire slipped out. He wrecked pretty good and his wrist started to swell up. We ended up going to dinner, then afterwards brought him to the hospital in New Plymouth. They got him in pretty quickly and found that he had a broken wrist. The way it worked, the bone that supports the wrist was broken, so his wrist had moved over a substantial amount. They had to go through a process of setting it, taking x-rays, then setting it again since it wasn't all of the way in place. We left my companion there for the night to stay with him. About five in the morning, my comp got home without Elder Dayley and finished packing all of his stuff since he's finishing his mission and heading home tomorrow. We dropped him off at the bus stop this morning at seven, and now I'm just waiting to hear about who my new companion is. Elder Dayley has to stay in the hospital until tomorrow, since they have to keep an eye on blood flow, and possibly take him in to surgery tomorrow. Crazy stuff. Turns out that wasn't the end of it.

For some odd reason New Zealand goes hard on holidays, and everything is closed today, so there wasn't any place to do emails, and I also couldn't get my hair cut as well. Stinkin long az hair is drivin me nuts. We came to the chapel so that we could just use the computers here for emails, and it turns out that the internet at the chapel has been on the fritz for the last few days. SO, we ended up calling Elder and Sister Taylor, and we're now all trying to email on Sister Taylor's iPad.

 With that in mind, this'll have to suffice.
 Love ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment