Monday, August 18, 2014

August 18, 2014

We had some really good things happen over the past week, one of which was that we have another guy set for baptism! It was pretty much out of left field, but I'm pretty stoked about it. He had been taught by missionaries previously, and had even been set for baptism, but wasn't quite prepared at the time. We went around for our first visit with him a few days back, and my companion ended up setting him to be baptized mid next month. What was really cool about it though was that he didn't hesitate with his response. He accepted, and then talked about how he hadn't been ready before, but is now. It makes me a little nervous setting someone for baptism that I don't really know much about, but if he reckons he's ready, then I'm not about to stop that. He seems pretty solid though. He committed himself to coming to church before we even asked him, so it's good to know that he understands the importance of it. We'll just have to wait and see if I stick around or not through transfers next week. I'm hoping I do. It's good to be able to stay in an area for a while. At least for me. Some missionaries love it when they move around heaps, but one of my favorite things is having friends in every area, and that takes time.

Today for our P-Day activity we went to a zoo on the outside of town. For the most part it was pretty lame. The coolest thing they had were wallabies. But other than that it was mostly just an over-sized petting zoo. At the end though, they have a giant lion pen. The cool part was that it isn't a pit, which is how it usually seems to work out; instead it's just a super tall fence with some electric lines on the inside. When we first showed up, the lions were all just chilling out, but after a bit a few of the females came over to the fence, and would run with us up and down the fence line. It was pretty cool running next to a massive lion. They seemed so tame. Makes me wonder how quickly they'd rip me up if I had somehow gotten into the pen. Definitely not something I ever want to test out.
Well, that should just about do it.

Arohanui toku whanau!

No comments:

Post a Comment