Monday, March 18, 2013

cute letter from Sister O'Neal to Elder O'Neal


Kurt! ELDER O'Neal!!!
So awesome to receive a letter from you!!! Loved hearing about your MTC craziness. Such a short time. Lucky. I don't have loads of time. But I wanted to let you know how awesome you are. What a great missionary. I don't think it has quite sunk in yet that you are actually on a mission. Weird. :) but so great. Keep it up. 

And now on to the fact that you do understand how fabulous it is to get letters. And that with the time difference I actually have no idea when you will actually receive this. But just know that you are rocking it. And that even though your comp is a bit quiet, I am sure he will open up. Training is a bit stressful. Let me know how you are. I would love to hear from you. Jen is sending your blog on to me and I love reading it. I am so proud of you Kurt and am so excited for you. The mission will be so hard. and some days you will wish you could just stay in bed. Trust me - if you haven't felt it already, you will. It's what you do afterward that counts. Get up. Kneel. And then tell your Father in Heaven everything that you are thinking and you will find that the day is beautiful. And that the fire of missionary work will always be with you.  And write in your journal everyday. Missions are kind of awkward sometimes. Write that mess down... you'll want to be able to look back on it and laugh. Don't get too serious. Be dignified but Kurt - Have Fun. Something my trainer told me. If you aren't having fun - then you aren't doing missionary work right. Laugh everyday - it's the best medicine!

Maybe you'll just look at this letter and roll your eyes, and that is okay. Just know that I miss you and pray for you! Keep it up.

Love, Rusti
Sister O'Neal 

No comments:

Post a Comment