Sunday, March 24, 2013

March 25, 2013

Kiaora,
Not a whole lot has happened since the last letter. We have the Martin family's baptism scheduled for this Saturday. Originally we had planned to baptize three of the kids, but Boston, the 13yr old girl, decided that she didn't want to go to Church yesterday, and that she's not ready for baptism yet. Which is alright, I guess. We'll just continue to teach her with her mom, Kelly. Another one of their kids, Jordan, came to me while we were helping do a service project for them, and said that he was interested in learning more, so we're hoping to be able to start the lessons with him this week. David also quit smoking last week! So he had an interview and is going to be able to receive the Priesthood and baptize his kids. Pretty awesome. I was very surprised at his strength and ability in quitting something so difficult. 

We also have a few more investigators scheduled for this week. One was being taught by the last missionaries, so we'll have to see where he is at and if he is still curious. Another we actually met by just going and talking to her as she was sitting on her porch. She's Catholic, but hasn't ever really gone to church. We talked to her for a good long while, and finally asked her if she would be interested in knowing more and she gave us a time on Thursday. Making an appointment that far away makes me a little nervous, but if she's ready to hear our message then there shouldn't be anything to worry about. 

The branch here hosted a huge dinner with massive amounts of all different kinds of good food, so we met a few non-members there as well. We didn't get a whole lot of appointments yet but were able to get phone numbers, so we'll see. We did however get an appointment to go talk to a nice Muslim man. I'm not really sure how that will work out, but he invited us to come talk more with him. I sure hope it doesn't turn out to be some sort of Bible bash. We've had a few people try to start that up, but I always just break it off as soon it starts. 

Elder Manua and I still don't speak a whole lot, which I've actually found to be a blessing because it's given me all sorts of time to study. Whenever I'm eating or if we have a little bit of down time, like before bed, I've been reading Jesus the Christ. So far I'm almost three hundred pages in and I only started it last week! I love it! I think once I'm finished reading it, I'll just start over, because there is so much awesome information that I'm sure I've missed loads of what is available for me to learn. 

The weather here is pretty awesome most of the time. Usually it's sunny and clear, then out of nowhere it'll just start raining cats and dogs. The nights are starting to get pretty cold, and our flat doesn't have any sort of heater, so I'm sure this is going to be an interesting winter. 

I'm about out of time, so this will have to suffice for now. 
Love you all!
Elder O'Neal

Elder O'Neal and Elder Walker

No comments:

Post a Comment