Sunday, April 14, 2013

April 15, 2013

Hello hello,  First off, I got the package the family sent! As well as the iPod from Wes. The snacks are pretty amazing. Reeses here is very recent and still quite scarce, so that was an inspired choice indeed. As well as the M&Ms, they don't have the peanut butter ones here. I loved the letters that were included as well. Sorry Wyatt, no castles here. However, The Shire is in Matamata, and a part of our area, so I'm planning on spreading the gospel to the Hobbits within the next few weeks. I'm sure Frodo would be a fantastic, solid member, considering how he resisted the temptation of the ring for so long. Bah, my jokes are getting even lamer than they used to be.  
On to business. It was yet another good week. We did lose Blake, because his mom came down on him about taking lessons from us. It was extremely saddening to have that one happen, because he knows that this is true. I'm still hoping that he'll come back. Who knows, maybe he'll come back with his mom, and we can teach the both of em. Everyone else that we've been teaching is going pretty good.  We got five new investigators this week, and all but one were referrals from our other investigators! Which is pretty cool if you ask me. I just hope that this success and teaching can continue on. Everyone keeps telling us that this is hard area, but I don't think that's true at all. Maybe it was hard area before, but as far as I can tell, it's being prepared, and the field is ready to harvest. So I'm going to THRUST in my sickle with all my might. I'm getting more more excited every day, and I've been working on being bold.  When we talk with people on the street, at the doors or what have you, Elder Manua likes to ask about their day and how everything is going. I hate that. Be Bold! They know why we're here. They know what we're doing. I absolutely love being bold. Tell em who I am, why I'm here, and that the fullness of the gospel has been restored.  
Anyway.  I was able to watch all of the sessions of general conference. It seemed to me that missionary work and families were a huge part of it. It was humbling to think that I am now a missionary. One of those that I always thought were so old and wise. To think I'm now one of 65,000 elders and sisters, whose job it is to bring others the knowledge of the gospel, and by extension, give them the opportunity for eternal happiness. I've got a lot to work on. 
I've only got one picture from this week. It's of this really old guy that was walking down the street, three inches at a time. We talked to him, but he was pretty much deaf and was really difficult to communicate with. As we were biking away, I looked back and thought it was picture worthy. You can be the judge I guess.  Sending love to you, you, and you,  Elder O'Neal

No comments:

Post a Comment