Tuesday, April 2, 2013

April 1, 2013


Kiaora,

So, somebody (Wes) gave me a hard time for not adding captions to my last set of pictures. The guy that I was standing by at the Temple sign is Elder Walker. He's an Englishman that I was in the MTC with, and is now serving in Auckland. The other picture was Elder Manua, in our apartment studying. 

This past week was pretty stellar, if I say so myself. We had two baptisms from the Martin family, and we're pretty close to being able to baptize a couple more from the family. We also got baptismal dates for three kids (9, 11, and 13 yrs old) from another family on the 13th of this month. I'm a little nervous for those, because when Elder Manua asked them, it didn't feel exactly right. I wasn't positive whether he asked them through the direction of the Spirit or just because he wants to "baptize weekly." As much as I doubt though, I trust that if it's what is meant to happen then they will truly want to be baptized, and as such will continue with our lessons and become members on the 13th. 

We also were able to find another guy through a referral that just recently moved to Cambridge. He's only 22 but already has three kids with his partner. He has absolutely no background in religious matters, so we're having to teach him everything. We spent most of the first lesson just teaching about the Godhead and laying the base for future learning. He seems quite promising though. He keeps saying how he wants to change his life (he comes from a gang related situation back home) and how he wants to be happy and raise his kids right. We have him set for baptism on the 26th, and if he'll remain as open and determined as he is now, I'm positive it'll happen. 

We also have another investigator that came to the baptism on Saturday and really seemed to enjoy it. We haven't had a whole lot of time with him, since he is always busy, but he seems quite keen to continue to learn, and I hope that through the direction of the Spirit, we'll be able to set him for baptism upon our next visit. As usual, we'll see what happens, but it feels as though now is the right time for him.

Stuff seems to be picking up quite well, and I only hope that the remainder of the time here in Cambridge will only build on that. We've been well accepted by the members, and everyone is very willing to help with the work. It's just interesting to be in a situation all of a sudden where everyone expects me to have all of the answers. It's not necessarily scary, but a bit disconcerting. I hope everything is going well back home. 

Love you all heaps,
  Elder O'Neal

Here are some pics from the areas:




No comments:

Post a Comment