Sunday, April 21, 2013

April 22, 2013

We've got transfers coming up this week, and Elder Manua is becoming a District Leader up in Auckland, so I'm interested to see who my knew companion / trainer will be. It's almost scary to think of getting someone new, especially since I'm being trained. I wonder how his training style will be compared to Elder Manua? I guess I'll find out soon enough. I'm just happy to know that I'm staying in Cambridge. There's so much that we've started here that I would hate to leave before seeing it accomplished. 
This past week was fairly interesting.  Mostly just because it rained everyday but Thursday, and since we don't have very many K's (kilometers/miles) left that we can use in the car, we had to be biking in it the entire time. Luckily I brought a big trench coat that I was issued out of boot camp, so I'm able to stay mostly dry, except for my ankles always get soaked no matter what. Yesterday it rained so hard while we were in church, that when we came out, there was at least 6 inches of water covering most of the parking lot. So everyone was taking off their shoes and hiking up their pants to be able to get to their cars. It's pretty awesome though as far as the country goes. This summer was a huge drought, so most of the fields and country were very dry, but now everything is super green and awesome looking. There's one place off the highway that I've been meaning to take a picture of because it's so beautiful, but I keep forgetting. I'll try for it next week maybe. 
All of our investigators are still looking good. We've got three boys (Campbells) set for baptism and confirmation this weekend. Then next weekend Teuira will be baptized, and another boy named Brodee. Other than that we got three new investigators this week that seem very keen, so I'm excited to see how it goes with them. 
The weeks have started to really fly by, and I sure hope that this is how it continues for the remainder. 
Love you heaps,   Elder O'Neal

No comments:

Post a Comment