Sunday, November 24, 2013

November 25, 2013

We had transfers this past week, and I now have a new companion. I got a picture with him to send, then forgot to bring the cord so that I could hook up the camera and send it. My bad. His name is Elder Lolo. He's Samoan from Samoa, though his mother is American. He grew up speaking English at home, and apparently at the church school that he went to you're only allowed to speak English, so his English is really good. Which I was pretty happy with. My last companion ended up going to a place called Gisborne as a Zone Leader.

Our next transfer meeting is in four weeks, and apparently we have 29 new missionaries coming in, so we'll see what happens. I'm hoping that I don't train though. The other thing that happened from transfers is that I'm now a District Leader. I'm not sure yet if I like it or not, so we'll see how it goes as the weeks progress. For myself I'm just hoping that I can be humble. I can see how being in a leadership position like this could lead to some problems with pride. Like how it's now my job to correct incorrect behavior. Not cool. I reckon that's got to be one of the worst parts, trying to correct other people. I don't know if I can do it eh. It's a little scary too being the one that others come to for answers. Getting calls about whether the missionaries can do this or if they can do that. Gives me the willies a little bit. 


Aside from that it's mostly the same. We were able to have another lesson with our new investigator that I talked about last week, and it was really awesome. Everything that we say, she understands and can see how it works. It's so much fun being able to teach somebody that wants to listen and wants to learn. I'm hoping that it can continue on like this. The Spirit that we feel when we go there to teach is incredible, so I'm not too worried. 


That should just about do it.
 Elder O'Neal

No comments:

Post a Comment