Sunday, December 1, 2013

December 2, 2013

It's super strange coming into the Christmas season and not having any snow. I keep thinking about Christmas and how cold it's going to be, then I remember that it's going to be even warmer than it is now. So pretty much it doesn't feel like Christmas at all, it just feels like summer. I generally don't pay that much attention to what month it is because it's surprisingly difficult wrapping my head around it being totally opposite.  What I'm really not excited about as well is that we'll have our transfers the week before Christmas. So basically, not only will I be nervous about transfers because we have some awesome investigators that I'll have to leave, but then I'll have to spend Christmas in a super strange place where I don't know anybody, and it'd make it that much worse. One plus about being in this mission though... We get to Skype on Christmas. So just let me know when it is that ya'll want to Skype and we'll suss it out. Christmas eve type of thing like what we did with Rusti last year? People around here don't seem like they get huge into Christmas, but it's all the same as stuff back home; they get big blow up snowmen and have Christmas trees. All the movies they watch are the same. They just don't go ham with the lights and decorations as much as back home. The temple here does lights too, just not nearly as much as Temple Square. Heaps of people go to it though, and we're hoping that we'll be able to get some new people to teach from it. 

I've found that I'm totally susceptible to getting really stressed out just like the rest of the family. This whole District Leader thing gets to me hard out sometimes. I have no idea why either. I've just been trying to focus on ways to help out all of the missionaries in the district; inspire and motivate. So far I haven't had to tell anybody off for anything, and I'm hoping to be able to avoid that situation at all costs. I also have to do things like exchanges with the other elders in the district, and companion study with the sister missionaries. It feels pretty weird that I'm still just learning every day, and I'm nowhere near perfect, but now it's my job to try and teach others how to be better missionaries. I usually just try to be totally honest with everyone and let them know that I'm totally lost in the sauce most of the time but doing my best to figure it all out. So far it's been going pretty good too.
Another thing that I've noticed is that I still hate role playing. All the return missionaries out there probably know what I'm talking about. It's awesome, but man I still do not like doing them.
That'll just about do it I think.


 Fa soifua,
  Elder O'Neal

No comments:

Post a Comment