Monday, December 16, 2013

December 16, 2013

Ahh this week.. Lets see.

We had a pretty good week that culminated in a very stressful Saturday morning. One of the sister companionships in the district had a baptism, and we had managed to invite Jaime, our awesome investigator (who we've been having trouble seeing because this time of the year is just too blasted busy). The baptism was at ten, and I wasn't sure whether Jaime would remember or not, or wake up late and not make it, etc. Needless to say, my faith was lacking, but after a few fervent prayers I felt pretty confident that everything would be alright. At around 9:30 she texted saying that she was just getting ready and would maybe be a little bit late, but that she was for sure going to make it. When the program started up, instead of sitting inside we figured we'd wait out in the hallway for Jaime. It got to be about 10:15 and I started to get nervous again, so to try and settle some of my  fears we walked to the front of the building to make sure the doors were unlocked, and then looked out down the street to see if we could see her, since she was going to be walking. We went back and sat, the baptism happened, awesome talks were given, and Jaime never showed up. Once it was over, I was pretty dejected. I was thinking maybe she had gone to the wrong chapel, because I couldn't picture her just ditching out like that. We walked into the room to mingle and congratulate Jess on being baptized, and the first person I see is Jaime. I've never been so relieved in my life. Turns out she had showed up right when we had gone to check the front doors. We'd missed her because of my lack of faith that everything would be alright, and I spent the whole time stressing out and worrying for no reason. I felt like a real idiot. 

The other cool thing that happened was actually last night. The Temple here does Christmas lights (like Temple Square, just way less impressive) and we got invited to go there and work as greeters coming into the gates. We started at 7, and basically just talked to a never ending flow of people until 10. There were a few drunk people and rude people, but for the most part everybody that came was willing to talk to us. It was so refreshing to be able to talk to people and have them respond, rather than the usual one we get where people just totally ignore us or go all stone faced and fast-walk by. It was really crazy being allowed to stay out after 9 too. Getting a ride home with the sister missionaries at fifteen past ten was a new experience. We're hoping that we'll get at least a couple of referrals out of the lights that we can go contact. I'd love to have some new people to talk to and teach.

Anyways, I'm getting pretty excited to be able to skype for Christmas. Hopefully I don't get transferred on Thursday, because heaps of members here have offered to have us over for a munch and skype.
 Love ya!
  E. O'Neal

This is my district. They're all looking in different directions because there were about a thousand different cameras. My companion is the one with glasses. 

No comments:

Post a Comment