Sunday, December 29, 2013

December 30, 2013

First off. Telling me about awesome meals that everyone back home is eating is no big deal. You can't make me jealous talking about food. If you talk about dirt bikes, then you have roughly 100% chance of making me jealous, but as far as food goes the members have my back.

It was awesome to be able to skype the family. I was a little worried that it was a little boring for the family. It seemed like the time just disappeared, and we weren't even really able to talk about much. All good though. After we were done I walked out and had to just sit and remind myself that I'm in NZ, even though I had just been looking at my sister Jen's basement. So weird. Christmas Day was actually really awesome, even though I'm in a foreign country with no family around. It's awesome to see how willing the members always are to help us out and have us around. We ended up having breakfast, lunch, and two dinners with member families, with a perfect amount of time in between feeds to digest and regroup for another massive munch. Needless to say, that would have been enough, but then we ended up having a bunch of members come by the flat around 9 to drop off more food n goodies. With how awesome the members are here, it makes me hope that the ward back home is doing the same. They better not be slackin off. If they are, give em a quick slap for me. It's amazing how much of a difference the members make in the work. If the ward has a good positive attitude about missionary work, then the missionaries will have a good positive attitude. At least, that's what I've noticed for myself. 


The weather's been pretty good around here. Especially if you ride dirt bikes. It keeps raining in the morning, then goes super sunny in the afternoon. So every evening all I see is heaps of dirt bikes coming back from the track covered in mud. It's been killing me, to say the least. Every once in a while, when we're riding bikes, I secretly imagine that I'm riding my dirt bike; start clutching with my left hand, twisting my right foot like I'm tapping the brake, changing gears with my left... It's childish, I know, but we're told small and simple things make the biggest difference, right? I'm going to justify it with that, regardless. 


We weren't able to do a whole lot more than visit the members this past week, so there wasn't a whole lot happening as far as teaching goes, but we were able to finally have another lesson with Jaime on Saturday. It'd been something crazy like 4 weeks since our last actual lesson, and 2 weeks since the last time we'd seen her at a baptism she came to. I was a little worried going over, because who knows what could have happened to deter her since our last lesson, but she turned out to still be just as awesome as ever. Everything we talked about she agreed with, or said it was what she's always believed anyway. We're hoping to be able to invite her to be baptized this coming week, if we can see her. The only problem being that she hasn't been to church yet. She's gone to sacrament meetings before with friends and stuff, but she hasn't been to our ward yet because she works Sundays, and it's a requirement that investigators attend at least 3 Sundays prior to baptism. Hopefully a solution will present itself.


Love you all, and I hope you have a happy New Year.
 E. O'Neal


P.S. Launch some fireworks off for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment