Sunday, June 8, 2014

June 9, 2014

I got transferred! I can honestly say that I did not see this coming. Usually I get a feeling when transfers are coming up that I'm going to be moving, but not this time around. All good though. I'm now in Rotorua, Tarawera Ward. I haven't really been able to get my feet planted yet, but so far so good. The ward seems pretty awesome, there seems to be a handful of awesome members that are really motivated to do the work. Hopefully that means we're going to be seeing some seriously good growth coming up.

Somehow the weather here is even colder than it was in Taranaki. Not sure how that works out. Pretty interesting place though. There's heaps of geysers and crazy stuff like that. In fact, there's a massive one pretty much just around the corner from us, but it's in some Maori village, so you can't get to it unless you want to pay something like $40. No thanks. Geysers are cool, but not that cool. It mostly equates to there always being a bunch of fog and mist around, and the whole place smells like rotten hard boiled eggs, because of the sulfur. Yuck.

Speaking of which, I had a hard boiled egg the other day, cracked it open, and the thing was black. So disgusting. I have no idea how long that egg must have been in the fridge for that to have happened. Haven't been able to get the image out of my mind since, not sure if I'll be able to trust any more of the eggs that they have in this flat. Gotta just #letitgo.

My new companion is Elder Moore. We came out at the same time. Good missionary, nice guy. It feels weird being with somebody that I knew from the MTC. It also feels pretty weird being one of the older missionaries in the mission. I think the statistic is something like 70% of the mission has been out for under a year. After the next transfer cycle, pretty much all of the older missionaries will be home, and it'll just be us left. It's no big deal really, but it does kind of stink not knowing most of the mission. All of the missionaries that I met when I first came out, and really grew to love, have all gone home. Now I'm stuck just looking at a whole bunch of new faces whenever I go to transfers.

Can't tell ya a whole lot more about the area, since I don't know much as of yet. Apparently the mountain biking is some of the best in the world, so one of the members is going to let me use one of his bikes, but we'll see what happens. Hopefully I'll spend while in this area. Not a fan of moving around much.

It's good to see that everything is going well back home. Stabilizing a bit sounds like.
  Love ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment